VAULT Festival takes an extraordinary number of dedicated people to make it happen each year. On this page you can find opportunities to get involved, either with full time work or as a volunteer.
VAULT is looking for passionate individuals who are keen to gain hands-on experience in delivering complex live events, particularly in the arts industry.
“VAULT Festival goes from strength to strength with a vibrant, varied programme full of theatrical treats… a brilliant place to spot new talent…”
“One of the most diverse and eclectic lineups of any arts festival in the capital.”
This Is Cabaret
“The epitome of underground theatre… a cavernous treasure trove… the spirit of the Fringe is alive, well and thriving in SE1.”
A Younger Theatre
This is a voluntary position for those aged 18 or above on the 15th Jan 2018, perfect for anyone who would like to learn exactly what it takes to deliver a critically acclaimed arts festival in central London.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in event management, festival production or arts management.
You would be with us from the first day of installing the festival to the last of the get out (and, of course, the wrap party) so you will get an incredibly detailed and comprehensive experience. Please see the role description below for more information.
If you are enthusiastic, enjoy working as part of a team, and keen to learn more about the arts and events industry – then we want to hear from you!
1. Read the full Festival Assistant Role Description.
2. Fill out the Festival Assistant Application Form.
3. Upload your Personal Details form and supporting materials (CV, photo etc) to Dropbox. Please make sure to title your CV “Your Name – CV” or your Photo “Your Name – Photo”.
The VAULT Festival team grows every year.
As the festival develops and expands, we need to look further afield for extra enthusiasm and talent to help keep us on track. Currently available jobs can be found below.
1. Read the Guidance Notes.
2. Download and fill out the Personal Details and Equal Opportunities form. Please make sure to attach this with any prospective email you send.
3. Follow the specific instructions for the job role you’re interested in by downloading the PDF below.
VAULT Festival is looking for Casual Technical Crew to work on the upcoming VAULT Festival 2018 on an ad hoc basis.
The two types of technical crew we are recruiting for are:
• SOUND or LX or VIDEO TECHNICIAN (booked by visiting companies to rig and focus fixtures, speakers and projectors; programme show files; set up mics, practicals etc.)
• SHOW OPERATOR (booked by visiting companies to press go on lighting and sound cues during the shows; assisting with turn around at the beginning/end of shows)
For a full description of the role, and how to apply, please download this pack.
VAULT Festival is looking for Bar Staff to work on the upcoming VAULT Festival 2018. We’re looking for people who can work in a fast paced, hectic environment, have a basic knowledge of serving drinks (cocktails and barista training is a plus), can handle being on their own on quiet shifts, and are interested in the festival and what it stands for.
Full Time and Part Time positions are available. The Festival is open Weds – Sun from the 24th Jan – 18th March 2018, and shifts run until 2am on Weds, Thurs & Sun or until 4am on Fri & Sat depending on rotas. Bar Staff are entitled to a Festival Pass, granting them free access to shows (subject to availability) and 20% off at the bar.
In the lead up to VAULT Festival, there may also be an opportunity to work at The Vaults. Interviews may be held week commencing 8th Jan.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.